OBJ: Today you will be researching past weather and completing two national weather maps, one for an autumn day and another for a spring day in this last year.
- By this time you should already have a handout from your teacher that has two US maps on it, if you do not have this, talk to your teacher
- Pick two days of the year 2011, one in spring (March-May) and one in fall (September-November) and write the dates in the appropriate blank on your maps
- Go to this website and find your days using the menu.
- On your maps draw in the following features from your chosen days:
- High Pressure (H)
- Low Pressure (L)
- Cold Fronts
- Warm Fronts
- Stationary Fronts
- Go to this website and find the location of the jet stream(s), add them to your maps
- When you are finished hold onto your paper, your teacher will pick them up from you at the end of class
- You may go to this website, but no where else unless you have specific permission from your teacher